Labuan Reinsurance (L) Ltd (Labuan Re) was incorporated in Labuan, Malaysia on September 14th, 1992.
The Company was established to write general reinsurance businesses. Subsequently, the Company also commenced writing Retakaful businesses in 2007.
To be the Chosen Reinsurer.
To enhance value to stakeholders through Professionalism & Innovation.
Our Core Values
- Authorised capital of USD500 million.
- Paid-up capital of USD150 million.
- Well supported by 11 esteemed shareholders that include the top financial and banking groups in Malaysia, a national oil and gas player and its leading international shipping arm, a diversified conglomerate in automotive, property and construction, and the nation’s premier telecommunication provider and electricity utility player.
- Management comprises of experienced and qualified personnel.
- Provides a comprehensive range of support services to clients, including risk surveys, market trainings, reinsurance programming, and quotations for the treaties and facultative reinsurance businesses.
- Adopts a policy of cautious growth of its business portfolio, which is derived primarily from Asia and the Middle East.
- As one of the leading regional reinsurance companies in South East Asia, seeks to strengthen its position in the Asian region, whilst at the same time making inroads into the global reinsurance market.
- Capacity provider for a few Lloyd’s syndicates.
Financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) and issuer credit rating of “a-“ by A.M. Best. The outlook for both ratings is negative.