1.0 Policy Statement
1.1 Labuan Reinsurance (L) Ltd (“the Company”) is committed to carrying out its business in accordance to the highest standards of professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethics.
2.1 To help develop a culture of accountability and integrity within the Company.
2.2 To provide a safe and confidential avenue for ALL employees, external parties and other stakeholders to raise concerns about any poor or unacceptable practice or misconduct.
2.3 To reassure whistleblowers that they will be protected from detrimental action or unfair treatment for disclosing concerns in GOOD FAITH;
2.4 To deter misconduct and promote standards of good corporate practices.
3.1 This Policy governs the disclosures, reporting and investigation of misconduct within the Company as well as the protection offered to the persons making those disclosures from detrimental action in accordance to the Whistleblower Protection Act 2010.
3.2 The scope of the Policy applies to the Company’s staff, Board members and other stakeholders.
3.3 Misconduct includes:-
- suspected criminal offence;
- contravene any of the requirements and standards of a regulatory body, shariah principle (for Retakaful), professional body, government or its agencies;
- impropriety, corruption, acts of fraud, theft and/misuse of the Company´s properties/resources;
- abuse of power or authority;
- serious conflicts of interest without disclosure;
- sexual harassment;
- bribery, blackmail and miscarriage of justice;
- attempts to suppress or conceal any information relating to any of the above; and
- inappropriate business practice.
4.0 Protection to Whistleblower
4.1 It is the Company´s policy to provide the whistleblower protection in terms of confidentiality of information, and safeguard the whistleblower from any act of interference that may be detrimental to the whistleblower.
4.2 The Company assures that all reports will be treated with strict confidentiality and upon verification of genuine cases, prompt investigation will be carried out.
5.0 General Procedures
5.1 The whistleblower makes a disclosure via the reporting channels